Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Errands, Courageous, and church

So I have lots of things swirling around in my head but I don't know that I can formulate them all into a post.

Friday night R2 had a friend spend the night. We took the boys out to eat at a place where they serve peanuts like a Mexican food restaurant would serve chips and hot sauce. The cool thing about the this place is that you just throw the peanut shells on the floor. But when you take two 7 year old boys, one almost 12 year old boy and a grown man to a place where it's OK to throw peanut shells, we will just say shells were a flyin'.

Then Saturday R1 had to be up at school at 7AM for UIL. I would say 7AM is a terrible hour to be awake on a Saturday, but I was up at 5AM. Which is even worse. I'm one of those people that when I wake up I'm up and can't go back to sleep. So I took R1 to school and then stopped and got donuts for breakfast. Because on Saturday morning at 7:30 nothing says breakfast of champions like fresh donuts.

While R1 was at UIL, Hubs, R2, and I took care of some errands. One of them being grocery shopping. We made it through produce, the meat department, and down the bread aisle when R1 called me to say they were leaving the school where UIL was being held and would be back at their school in about 40 minutes. I have never seen two people cover and entire grocery store in about 35 minutes. I must have looked a mouse in one of those maze things trying to find the cheese. Let's just say I was moving pretty quickly up and down the aisles.

Anyway, we made it and got to school to pick him up. Then we went home to unload all of the stuff we bought and then Hub's grilled chicken for dinner. Right in the middle of grilling dinner, his propane tank ran out. He usually has a spare but for some reason this time he didn't. And being the nice wife, I went back into town and exchanged a tank for him.

After dinner we all watched the movie, Courageous. If you haven't seen it, it is a MUST see. It was so good. I cried through most of the movie. At one point R1 looked at me and asked, mom are you crying AGAIN??? The boys even liked it despite my crying.

Sunday was church and then I had to go back into to town to find a red shirt for baseball. I have a friend who designs rhinestone T-shirts. She is making me one that says "CARDINAL BASEBALL". I can't wait! But I had to find a shirt for her to use. Believe it or not I found at the first store I went to and it was only $9.00.

Then I came home and did the never ending laundry and I wanted to watch a new show that will come on ABC on Sunday's at 9PM - central time. But I never made it to 9 o'clock. I feel smooth asleep in the recliner at 8:45PM. Thank goodness for the DVR.

So I hope y'all had a good weekend, I'm off to watch this new show. And I'll let ya know if it's any good.


Brooke said...

not to be stupid, but what's UIL?

{amy} said...

What event did R1 participate in? It sounds like a busy but good weekend! My family saw that movie, but I was out of town. We need to rent it!

Unknown said...

Your weekends are whirlwind fast, aren't they?