Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What we did on Monday

Well really it's more like what we did all weekend. 

First let me say this, I'm missing baseball, however, I completely enjoyed our weekend of not having anything to do.

Saturday I treated myself to a pedicure because R2 woke my up at the butt crack of dawn on the first day of having nothing to do in I don't know how long. And for some reason he has been wanting to try it and I told him the next time I went he could go. I think I may have created a monster as the entire time he sat in the chair he kept saying, "oh this water feels good or awww I love the massage chair." I may have to start sneaking off to get my pedicures. 

After our feet were complete we went to pick up some lunch and then head off to HEB to buy a few staples because it would be hard to make lunches for the next week with out bread and lunch meat. Then we went back home to hang out. 

Sunday I decided to be a heathen and not go to church because I had been up and down most of the night and once again R2 decided it was time to rise and shine at 6:20AM. God I love that child but if doesn't start sleeping till at least 8:30AM on the weekends I might have to give him a night time dose of Benadryl. Just kidding, with my luck it would have the reverse affect and wire him up. 

I had also had the foresight when I was at HEB to pick up the ingredients for a few recipes I had been wanting to make again. According to the chefs on The Food Network each one should only take about 30 minutes. Liars. But I didn't mind because they were sooooo good. I made shaved parmesan chicken in a lemon cream sauce and crostini with sun dried tomato jam. The jam was really for the next day but I figured I was cooking so why in the heck in not. 

Monday morning I woke up all by myself at a glorious 8:00AM. I ended up sitting in the living room by myself until Hubs woke up shortly after. He and I sat in the livingroom for almost an hour when the boys came walking in stating they were starving and needed food. So R2 and I headed off to the kitchen to make rainbow pancakes. 

I had decided on Sunday that I was in need of a tan and I was going to make sure to layout for a few hours on Monday. So on Monday the boys played in the pool and I slathered my self up with low dose coconut smelling sun tan lotion. After about 2 hours the natives, aka the boys, were getting restless and decided it was time for a water gun/hose fight. I seriously don't know who had more fun me or the boys. 

Later in the day Hubs grilled steaks, potatoes, and mushrooms. Then we went to pick blackberries. Nothing tastes better than some fresh picked blackberries with sugar and cool whip. 

Oh and to top it off, R2 fell asleep on the couch Monday night at 6:45PM. And it won't matter if he gets up at 6:30 in the morning because I will already be awake getting ready for work.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)